Office: Before
We have 2 bedrooms upstairs and a open loft.
We needed one room for a guest room. Since we didn't know what to really do with the loft we decided it would make more sense, and look better, to have that be an office, and the other spare room for our "gym"and extra storage room.
| You can see the loft from downstairs |
| very excited to have his own home office |
I let Ryan have some control over the office by picking the color..
Kind of...
He said he wanted green and I picked what green I wanted :)
I chose a nice, soft, grayish green to match with the other colors in the house. One of the walls upstairs would meet with the living room downstairs so I wanted to make sure the colors would go well together.
I am really happy with the color!
It is soft, calming, and relaxing.
I think it will be a great color for when we do need
to get work done since it is calming and not bright and distracting.
I also wanted to make sure the office felt sophisticated and clean,
and I really feel we picked the perfect color
Misted Green by Benjamin Moore
It looks a little lighter when it's on the wall
(PS, I LOVE Benjamin Moore paints! They have great and unique colors! We get the Satin/Pearl Finish :) They are exclusively sold at Ace Hardware, but they are kind of weeding them out so they are also on sale for a great price!! )
| What do you think of the color? I LOVE IT! |
At first we decided to use furniture we already had to save money since we had to buy a bedroom set, and couches, as well as an entertainment center.
We stained Ryan's old desk and bought a cheap book shelf from Walmart
And I mean CHEAP! Both price wise, and quality.
I had a black Ikea desk from my parent's house, along with my big, comfy, white
chair I bought at a consignment shop a while ago
(Don't worry, I cleaned it well before using it)
After arranging the furniture, I still didn't like it. I didn't like how our desks didn't match, I felt the chair was TOO big, and the book shelf was HIDEOUS!
I literally would not go up there. I avoided it the best I could because I hated looking at it.
I found some decor stuff from Hobby Lobby to try to make it look better, but I still did not like how the room looked. I was also going back and fourth trying to decide if
I wanted one or 2 desks. Ryan would actually use his, I was not too
sure if I would. I like sitting on a chair or couch with my computer on my lap.
But I still wanted a desk of my own :)
A few weeks ago when we were driving home from the Renaissance Festival, we stopped at this new furniture store my mom has been wanting to check out.
And there it was!
The perfect solution to my home office problems!
A DOUBLE desk with plenty of shelving and storage for all our, Ryan's books!
It also wouldn't take up the WHOLE office because it would just be on one wall!
![]() |
| We will have the desk in the middle so we each get a side |
The desk is being delivered Friday and I am so excited! I can't wait to set it up, and decorate the shelves so we can have a pretty office!
I am also planning on making a curtain for the one window with this fabric that I bough a while ago
I picked this fabric because I felt it had an "old world" feeling to it. I love to travel and want to incorporate decorations that reflect traveling.
I want to find items like these to fill space within the bookshelf and all the wall to make the office exactly what I imagined. I also have things I have bought throughout my travels that I can't wait to put in the bookshelf and showcase!
Next week the office should be about done!
FINALLY! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment