To start things off, I am no where near a professional wreath-maker, and this
is actually the first one I have made. But, I really like how it turned out!
Here is what I did…
Materials:
plain wreath (mine already had the greenery attached)
flower wire
gold and red flower bunches
various stick-in decorations
thick, red ribbon
**Bought everything at Hobby Lobby**
Steps:
The first thing I did was lay everything out to see what I had
to work with, and cut off all the price tags.
lay the wreath down, and start putting things on the wreath until
you find what you like…
I thought the ornaments brought a nice holiday feel to the wreath!
I also like having a little hint of snow on it as well!
The bunches of flowers were cheaper than getting them separately.
I also got gold ones!
I knew I wanted the flowers to be the main focal point, so I laid those
in place first then worked around it
I also knew I wanted the holly's to go all the way around the wreath
I left a spot open up top for the big ribbon at the end
Once you have figured out where you want everything to go, grab the
flower wire and attach it to the item you are pinning down on the wreath.
The easiest way to do this I found was to first wrap it around the
decoration, place it in place, then wrap the remaining wire
around the metal support of the wreath.
| Flower Wire |
Continue this around the wreath until you are happy with
how it looks. Make sure everything is secure so nothing falls once it is hung up.
I took the ribbon and followed this YouTube video to make the big ribbon. I then attached it to the wreath with the flower wire.
Hang it up and enjoy! :)
Hope this tutorial helps you make the perfect wreath for your home this christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment