I like to refer as today as black monday.
I bought a box spring for the master bed,
a fan, a patio light,
and a fridge!
Needless to say, my credit card is going into retirement....
until this weekend with all the
Memorial Day sales!
We went to Mattress Firm for a king size box-spring.
Luckily, I bought a Groupon back in January.
$50 for $200 worth at The Mattress Firm.
And boy did that come in handy!
The box spring will be delivered tomorrow!
Luckily, I bought a Groupon back in January.
$50 for $200 worth at The Mattress Firm.
And boy did that come in handy!
The box spring will be delivered tomorrow!
Next up was Best Buy...and this is where all the damage happened.
Luckily Ryan had a decent amount worth in gift cards, but refrigerators are not cheap.
After pondering the thought of getting a fridge off craigslist, we decided to buy new
to insure repairs and a warranty. We looked in buying slightly damaged
(like a dent in the side) fridges, but after price comparing
(like a dent in the side) fridges, but after price comparing
with the one on sale at Best Buy, they were pretty comparable in price.
Come Wednesday, we will have a shiny, new fridge :)
We also took a trip to HomeDepot. But ended up at Lowe's because I didn't like any of the fans at Home Depot :) We got a black fan for our bedroom to match the black furniture. We wanted to put it together tonight, before we set the bed up, and before we bring the mattresses in.
I figured it would be easier to put a fan up without a big bed in the way.
| I made my mom come help too :) It actually went easier than we were expecting |
Also at both hardware stores, we looked at options for new outlets and light switches.
I thought it would be easy, but it was harder than expected.
For the living room, and our master, I want nicer looking light switch plate.
I did not like any at either store, so that means some online shopping for me!
It was also hard to chose lights for outside the house.
We ended up finding one for outside the front door,
but didn't get any to put out by the driveway.
We figured there was nothing we saw that we loved, and
we wouldn't get around to putting those up soon anyways.
So we passed on those for tonight
I thought it would be easy, but it was harder than expected.
For the living room, and our master, I want nicer looking light switch plate.
I did not like any at either store, so that means some online shopping for me!
It was also hard to chose lights for outside the house.
We ended up finding one for outside the front door,
but didn't get any to put out by the driveway.
We figured there was nothing we saw that we loved, and
we wouldn't get around to putting those up soon anyways.
So we passed on those for tonight
Tomorrow I am looking forward setting up the master bed, getting the
box spring and finally putting it all together and seeing
how the bedding looks!
No comments:
Post a Comment