Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 8-Living room & furniture!

Day 8 was a good day!
We FINALLY finished the large living room wall
AKA "The never ending wall"
All we need to do in the living room is some minor 
touch ups and finish the second
 Swiss Coffee wall.




We also got some work done in the master bedroom!
This room should be finished by Monday!
(Depending whether we paint Sunday or not!)

I again chose a darker color because I feel it is more comforting and relaxing. 
(after much debate, I decided to stick with my original color choice. So far I love it!)
When I am in my room, I love the feel of it being secluded from the rest of the world.
Like my own place where no one can bother me. 

(I am also sensitive to light when I sleep so I love my room to be DARK!
 My mom refers to my room in her house as a cave, completed with black-out shades of course!)
(Weird I know)

 I also love mixing dark pieces with lighter accents. I want the bedding to 
look something similar to these. 
Hopefully it will all look good together so Ryan doesn't have to repaint the room ;) 

I love the light purple/silver-ish shade. 
I think it will look great against the darker walls and furniture.

It looks so cozy! Don't you just want to jump in
and cuddle up in the pillows and blankets?
The bedding will be lighter as well as the lamps and other acsessoriess such as picture frames.
 I also want to put a mirror some where to make the room feel a little bigger. 
We only painted two walls dark and chose a warmer neutral color for the other two walls
  to make sure the room isn't TOO dark, but still warm, relaxing, and secluded.

Almond Paste by Olympic (bought at Lowe's)

Color is Shadow by Benjamin Moore

Love the large windows and doors!
They will also have black-out curtains to help me sleep :)

The Almond Paste color is a perfect contrast to the darker walls.
 I wanted to keep the room warm, so I thought a color like this 
would be neutral and light enough with still being warm.

 I want to continue the Almond Paste into the master bathroom.
Apparently bathrooms should be painted in semi-gloss?
We bought a pearl finish, so that means another trip to the hardware store for me!

Today I also picked up some furniture we bought from Mor Furniture Store.
We got a bedroom set (bed, dresser, and two night stands), 
and an entertainment center for the living room.
We have yet to set everything up.
I never had a king size bed so I am
very excited for this piece! :)
I'll post pictures after the are un-boxed too :)

The entertainment center is huge! (And heavy!)
It will fit our TV, DVD's and much more. 
I can't wait to start decorating the shelfs with pictures and little knick-knacks!
I didn't take any pictures since it is in four pieces, 
but I will definitely put up a picture once it is set up! :)

We also got a gorgeous potted plant from our friend Myra!
I think the lush greens and decorated basket will look great in the living room!
Thanks Myra :)




No comments:

Post a Comment