Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 2

                              Day 2 and I still hate painting!

I woke up pretty sore from yesterday. My hands hurt from the rollers as do my back and shoulders. Luckily I got to sleep in for a little but it was back to painting around noon. 
Ryan works sundays so it was just my mom and I.

 It started off pretty well. We finished the kitchen and little touch ups in the dining room. 



I was excited to remove the tape to see how it all turned out and marvel at our semi-wonderful painting skills. But instead I saw this...

I don't understand how to get a nice clean line between the wall and the ceiling. We tried so hard to make it perfect. I think the paint bleed through the tape (since we kind of bought the cheaper brand). The tape was also hard to get off in the kitchen. It was like painted in and hard to pull off.

After this I was back to my original plan of hiring painters. I want the paint to look nice and not have it on the ceiling. My lovely and generous mother offered to help pay for the extra cost. Now I just have to convince Ryan.....

We decided to leave it for now and move on to the living room. We are painting the room two different colors. We decided to start with the lighter color called Swiss Coffee by Benjamin Moore. I was really excited for this color because I thought it would be a nice, warm, contrast to the darker color we are planning in the living room as well. Unfortunately I wasn't too excited about the color because it looks white. It's a pretty color, but not the one that I was expecting.


After this fiasco (and maybe a little hissy fit), we decided to call it a day. I wanted to see how the color dried to decide if I like it or not.

After work Ryan wanted to come over and see our progress. I told him the issues with the paint and tape. So we went over so he could see. He was really calm and said "we will figure it out". I brought up hiring painters again and this time he was more receptive to the idea. 

We ultimately decided we will try ONE more wall and see if we can get a better line on the ceiling. We went out and brought better (aka more expensive) tape. We went back to the house and he started taping the rest of the living room while I started with the darker color to see how it looks next to the Swiss Coffee.

The darker color is called Anchor Gray by Benjamin Moore. 
It is a gorgeous dark silvery grey with hints of dark purple.  
This is my inspiration for the living room.



So far I like how it has turned out. Ryan loves it and 
wants every wall in this color.....not happening.



By the end of the night, I was more sore than
 when I woke up and 
now have blisters. :(

I am not looking forward to more painting and
 might have to hire painters
 behind his back ;) 




2 comments:

  1. We had the same problem when we started. Something that helped with the bleeding is to put a layer of paint the same color as the ceiling along the tape first. It basically seals the tape so that when you go over with the wall color it doesn't bleed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try that! Thanks

    ReplyDelete