We got a lot accomplished yesterday!
Ryan continued to work on changing the outlets and face plates downstairs while I was upstairs painting the loft. We took a much needed break from painting to focus on
getting the downstairs to a condition where we can start moving in.
We got our bed set together, Direct TV came to install cable (still waiting on the modem for the internet to come in the mail) and set up the furniture.
We have everything except a couch that will be delivered on Friday!
Here is a picture of the bed!
I still need to get one more Euro pillow so we have three in the back.
I've starting thinking of ideas for what to put on the wall above the bed.
I have a few ideas but nothing concrete yet.
I think it would be cute to have a romantic saying above the bed
and found this on Etsy.
I think this saying is ADORABLE! However, I don't know if I would want our names at the bottom.
I have been playing with the thought of trying to make something like this on my own
but I love the font and the vintage look of the wood on this piece.
Maybe I'll give it a try.
The big accomplishment of the day was finally starting and finishing the loft. We taped it last week and it has just been sitting there patiently waiting to be painted. I didn't know what to do while Ryan was working with the outlets so i figured I could start the loft.
It went a lot faster than I was expecting. We finished the room in 2 hours!
It's not the biggest space, but still has a decent amount of wall space and
the walls have some higher points, which required me having to carry the ladder upstairs,
BUT it got done!
I LOVE the color. It's called Misted Green by Benjamin Moore. It is a soft, muted, sage-y green.
It has grey ( or is it gray? ) undertone which complements the Anchor gray color in the living room. When you walk in the front door, you can see the loft, so I wanted to make sure the living room color and the loft color work well together. I think they do!
I took these pictures on my iPhone, so the color quality is not the best.
And there is no light in this room so we were working with light from a lamp!
We are going to make this room our office space.
Ryan and I are both planning to go back to school
(him for a nursing degree so he can become and Nurse Practitioner and eventually get a doctorate to become a Psychiatrist) And I have been thinking about either going back
for an MBA or a degree in interior design :)
SO we both want to have our own desks and work space. We also want to put a bookshelf in and some "fancy looking therapy chairs" as Ryan would say.
I am excited to start organizing and decorating this room, we just need to decided what furniture to get!
Friday we get our couches and our alarm system installed,
and hopefully the modem will come so we have internet!


Love seeing your blog posts! Your new house looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
ReplyDelete